ICAP Admission: An Introduction
If you want to become a chartered Accountant than you have two entry routes;
- Full Time Student
- Trainee Student
Full Time Student
This education scheme is for Intermediate/ A-Level and graduate students. A student must fulfill at least the below mentioned pre requisite for registration.
- Minimum of 50 % marks in Intermediate.
- Minimum of two passes for A level Students
- 45% marks in graduation.
Education prior to training
Students needs to clear Four Papers in Assessment of Fundamental competencies and Nine Papers in Certificate in Accounting and Finance Level.
Education after training
On successful completion of CAF, it is mandatory for the student to join an authorized training organization of the Institute for a prescribed period. During training candidates are required to pass the following stages.
- Certified Finance and Accounting Professional.
- Multi Subject Assessment.
Steps for registration
- Submit your registration form to any office of the institute. You can download the registration form from here.
- Start your studies according to the syllabi of subjects.
- Attempt your exams after paying the examination fee.
The trainee scheme is for graduates. The graduate students must have at least 45 % marks and they must be minimum of 16 years of age.
Steps to follow
- Apply for registration as training-on-probation after joining training organization.
- Complete the probation period of two months.
- Get registered as a trainee student for prescribed time.
The number of exemptions available depends on the educational background of the candidates. Depending on the education exemptions are divided into three categories.
- Exemptions available for A- Level and intermediate students.
- Exemptions available for graduate students.
- Exemptions available for professional qualifications.
AFC Examination Fee
|AFC EXAMINATION (including CBE charges)||Pak Rupees|
|2 papers of same stage||9,800|
|3 papers of same stage||14,000|
|4 papers of same stage||18,200|
CAF Examination Fee
|CAF EXAMINATION||Pak Rupees|
|2 papers of same stage||7,000|
|3 papers of same stage||9,800|
|4 papers of same stage||12,600|
|5 papers of same stage||15,400|
|Writing Skill Test||1,900|
CFAP & MSA Examination Fee
|1 paper of CFAP||8,700|
|For each additional paper||3,400|
|Multi Subject Assessment (One paper only)||12,300|
|Multi Subject Assessment (Two papers)||18,600|
There are two scholarship programs;
EDHI CA Pakistan Talent Program
- Applicants should be amongst the top 20 position holders.
- Current session student only.
- Permanent resident of Pakistan/Azad Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan.
- Motivated to join the profession of Chartered Accountancy (CA).
Student Endowment Fund
- Minimum of 80% marks in intermediate of A- Level Examination
- Minimum of 65 % marks in graduation.
- Minimum of 2 B grades in A level certification.