Let’s paint easy flowers today! We will use water bottles and paint to create these beautiful water bottle flowers. This simple water bottle flowers arts & craft project is easy to do, so both younger kids and older kids can make it. Whether you’re in a classroom or at home, this painted flower craft is a perfect way to celebrate spring.
How To Paint Flower Art with Water Bottles
This painting craft is a great way to help teach size and colors to your kiddos. It is also fun to make these water bottle flowers as a big group!
We collected each and every different size of water bottles! We got several because we knew we would want to make different colors, and that we would need enough water bottles for Rory, Katy, and myself. This is a perfect way to practice colors, make art, and promote creativity.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed To Make Water Bottle Flower Art
Directions To Make Water Bottle Flowers
Video: How To Make Water Bottle Flowers
This craft is easy to put together! Gather your supplies.
Grab a couple paper plates and put acrylic paint on them.
Lay out a large sheet of paper.
Grab a bottle and allow your kid to dip a bottle into paint and stamp it on paper.
Use a green marker to draw grass, stems, and leaves.
Why We Love This Flower Painting Craft
This activity is extremely easy. All you do is dip the bottom of the water bottle (or soda bottle) into the paint and press it onto the paper.
Every Friday our friend Katy comes over to play and we always try to do some sort of fun activity with her. So when Katy informed me of a painting craft she thought Rory would like, we immediately started gathering supplies to make water bottle flowers. (this post has affiliate links)
She loved pointing to all the colors and telling Katy which color of flower she was going to make. I also used this opportunity to get in some number learning exercises: I would ask her to make 3 yellow flowers. She loved counting the flowers as she slapped the water bottle on the paper.
VAriations on Water Bottle Painting
- As in the picture above, use two different water bottles with different shades of colors like light pink and dark pink
- Starting with the lighter color, print the petals of the flower
- Then follow up with the darker color to fill in the petals with a deeper color
More Painting Activities From Kids Activities Blog:
Painting with unusual materials is so much fun! Here are some other creative ways to paint with objects:
- Sponge Painting – break out of our routine and try alternative painting techniques and materials
- Block Printing – put out different colored paints and blocks out for some creative art materials
- Printmaking Techniques – create relief art (printmaking) by using a woodcutting technique on large sheets of styrofoam
- This is such a great learning activity for kids because you can teach them in so many ways: color, shape, we even worked on numbers!
- Check out these 14 flower coloring pages!
THE BIG BOOK OF KIDS ACTIVITIES
This toilet paper roll train craft is one of the featured kids crafts in our newest book, The Big Book of Kids Activities has 500 projects that are the bestest, funnest ever! Written for kids ages 3-12 it is the compilation of bestselling kids activities books perfect for parents, grandparents and babysitters looking for new ways to entertain kids. This toilet paper roll craft is one of over 30 classic crafts that use materials you have on hand that are featured in this book!
Oh! And grab The Big Book of Kids Activities printable play calendar for a year’s worth of playful fun.
How did your flower craft painting turn out? Let us know in the comments, we’d love to hear from you!