If you love the French language, French cuisine, and everything related to one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations, then you’ll love our printable France facts!
These fun facts about France are ready to be printed. Did we mention you can color them too?! So grab your crayons, print your fascinating facts about France, and enjoy!
One can say French gastronomy is one of the best things about France, and while that is true, the country has so much more to offer.
Did you know that there are more than 1000 types of cheese in France? And that Gustave Eiffel who designed the Eiffel tower, also helped design the Statue of Liberty in New York?
From going to the Cannes film festival, eating in one of the 436 Michelin star restaurants, or participating in the Tour de France, there’s no doubt this country is amazing to visit. Without further ado, here are 12 fun France facts!
12 Most Interesting Facts About France
- France, officially the French Republic, French France, of République Française, is a country in Western Europe.
- Paris, also known as the city of light, is the capital of France and home to five Unesco World Heritage sites.
- Mont Blanc is the highest mountain in the French Alps, rising 15,771 feet above sea level.
- By size, The Louvre Museum in Paris is the largest art museum and the most visited museum too.
- France is the most visited country in the world.
- Around 16,000 tons of snails are consumed in France each year – that makes 6.5 snails per person per year.
- Jeanne Calment, a French woman, is the oldest person whose life is documented, and she lived to age 122.
- The hot air balloon was invented in France and is called montgolfière.
- The most popular tourist attractions in France are the Eiffel Tower, the Mona Lisa, the French Riviera, the Seine and more.
- About 45% of modern English words have origins in French words.
- France is the first country to force all grocery stores to give unsold food to the needy.
- Although French food is considered one of the best cuisines in the world, French toast and French fries were not originally part of French culture.
- A popular belief is that seeing a black cat at night will bring bad luck.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR FRANCE FACTS COLORING SHEETS
France facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with France facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE FRANCE FACTS PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
Which fact about France did you like the most?